Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Ok- word to self....Self - do NOT stand directly in front of a laryngectomy patient when he tries to cough or sneeze!
My laughter fills the room, dances out the door and down the otherwise quiet, subdued hall. George had a coughing fit and like the good caregiver I am I tried to help cover his mouth with a tissue. Duh - while I was busy covering his mouth his stoma was busy clearing his lungs right onto my cheek. The poor man is mouthing "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," but all I can do is double over with laughter! I believe I have just committed my first caregiver faux-pas as well as learned my first laryngectomy lesson!

2 comments:

  1. So pleased for you, I can hear your laughter all the way in Alberta.....love your wonderful attitude, keeping you and George in my heart and prayers.......:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. They say laughter is the best medicine!
    It really is!
    You brought a big smile to me with this post.

    Blessings to you ... always, and many, many days of laughter!

    Margie:)

    ReplyDelete